Skip to main content

Paste paper

Scope note

Glazed, patterned, or textured paper produced by pressing or sliding objects into a wet, often colored paste or starch mixture that has been spread on the paper; frequently used as decorative endpapers or cover papers.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<paper by production method>

Term used for

paper, paste

Equivalent Terms used

paste papers


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: paste paper" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-02-08 05:07:08

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: paste paper|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-02-08 05:07:08|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...