Skip to main content

Wove paper

Scope note

Paper produced with a woven or even appearance in transmitted light; distinguished from "laid paper," which shows a pattern of thick and thin lines.

This term has 655 records attributed within our system.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<paper by production method>

Term used for

paper, wove

Equivalent Terms used

wove papers


11yrs ago

Connected records

The Valkyrie


Printmaker: Spence, Robert
Designer: Spence, Robert



Printmaker: Wiralt, Edvard

The heaths, Surrey


Printmaker: Newbould, Frank (Probably)
Printer: Johnson, Riddle & Co.



Printmaker: Lucas, David
Painter: Berchem, Nicolaes Pietersz. (After)
Publisher: Hollyer, Samuel

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: wove paper" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-08 23:44:17

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: wove paper|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-08 23:44:17|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...