Skip to main content

Patches (quilt components)

Scope note

Component pieces of quilt blocks, either pieced or appliqu├ęd.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<quilt components>

Equivalent Terms used

patch (quilt component)


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: patches (quilt components)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-15 18:20:21

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: patches (quilt components)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-15 18:20:21|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...