Skip to main content

Fleurons (motifs)

Scope note

Small decorative flowerlike elements; a term used loosely in reference to architecture and furniture and more specifically in reference to printers' type ornaments.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<plant-derived motifs>

Equivalent Terms used



12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: fleurons (motifs)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-04-25 06:00:10

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: fleurons (motifs)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-04-25 06:00:10|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...