Skip to main content

Arm supports

Scope note

Vertical or curved uprights supporting the front end of chair arms.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<arm components>

Equivalent Terms used

arm support


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: arm supports" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-09-24 20:24:56

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: arm supports|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-09-24 20:24:56|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...