Skip to main content


Scope note

Ornamental inside linings of book covers, sometimes leather, which take the place of the regular flyleaves or pastedowns.

This term has 8 records attributed within our system.

Term type

Object name

Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<binding components>

Term used for


Equivalent Terms used



12yrs ago

Connected records

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: doublures" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-12-07 00:22:45

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: doublures|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-12-07 00:22:45|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...