Skip to main content

Mechanical bindings

Scope note

Bindings that hold pages together by such devices as spiral wire, plastic combs, or metal rods. W

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<bindings by structure>

Term used for

bindings, mechanical


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: mechanical bindings" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-09-30 19:56:46

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: mechanical bindings|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-09-30 19:56:46|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...