Skip to main content

Panel stamp bindings

Scope note

Bindings stamped with designs by means of relatively large engraved blocks or plates that require a mechanical press; popular in the 15th and 16th centuries and revived in the 19th century.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Equivalent Terms used

panel stamp binding


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: panel stamp bindings" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-16 20:56:04

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: panel stamp bindings|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-16 20:56:04|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...