Skip to main content

Paneled bindings

Scope note

Bindings decorated by single, double, or triple lines applied usually with a fillet and forming a rectangle, often following near the edges of the covers, sometimes on the spine.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Term used for

bindings, paneled

Equivalent Terms used

paneled binding


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: paneled bindings" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-19 16:57:59

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: paneled bindings|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-19 16:57:59|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...