Skip to main content


Scope note

Wall coverings consisting of panels of wood or other material joined in a continuous surface.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<wall coverings by form>

Narrower Terms used


Term used for



12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: paneling" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-05-20 14:08:55

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: paneling|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-05-20 14:08:55|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...