Skip to main content

Lettering pens

Scope note

Pens consisting of a pen holder and a set of specially shaped nibs, ranging in size and shape from broad and flat to narrow and pointed; used in calligraphy and lettering.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used


Equivalent Terms used

lettering pen


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: lettering pens" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-06 21:09:14

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: lettering pens|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-06 21:09:14|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...