Skip to main content

Ruling pens

Scope note

Basic drafting implements used to inscribe lines of uniform thickness; usually guided by a straight edge, curve, or template. MAYER

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used


Term used for

pen, ruling
pens, ruling

Equivalent Terms used

ruling pen


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: ruling pens" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-09 18:34:51

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: ruling pens|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-09 18:34:51|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...