Skip to main content

Pencil holders (drawing equipment)

Scope note

Cylinders into which a medium such as a rod of graphite or silver is inserted and held by various means. ADAG

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Equivalent Terms used

pencil holder


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: pencil holders (drawing equipment)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-09 15:39:22

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: pencil holders (drawing equipment)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-09 15:39:22|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...