Skip to main content

Technical pens

Scope note

Fountain pens with a tubular, needlelike point whose ink supply is controlled by a check valve and released only when pressure is placed on the point; used for drawing precise, even lines. ADAG

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used


Narrower Terms used

dotting wheels

Term used for

pens, technical

Equivalent Terms used

technical pen


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: technical pens" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-02 09:56:45

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: technical pens|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-02 09:56:45|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...