Skip to main content


Scope note

Rods with a flanged or shaped end inserted into chocolate pots through an aperture in the lid or cover and twirled so as to stir and froth the beverage.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used


Equivalent Terms used



12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: molinets" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-20 22:54:58

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: molinets|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-20 22:54:58|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...