Skip to main content

Scoops (serving utensils)

Scope note

Utensils with a trowel-like or otherwise shaped bowl, sometimes partially covered to form a receptacle, and used for cutting out portions of soft food or fruit or for serving up, dishing out, or conveying grains or mashed foods.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<utensils for serving food>

Narrower Terms used

ice-cream scoops

Equivalent Terms used

scoop (serving utensil)


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: scoops (serving utensils)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-02-22 13:23:26

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: scoops (serving utensils)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-02-22 13:23:26|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...