Skip to main content

Skimmers (culinary tools)

Scope note

Perforated utensils, usually having a handle, used to skim liquids.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<culinary tools for separating>

Narrower Terms used

cream skimmers

Equivalent Terms used

skimmer (culinary tool)


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: skimmers (culinary tools)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-02 09:40:05

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: skimmers (culinary tools)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-02 09:40:05|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...