Skip to main content

Folders (containers)

Scope note

Folded sheets of light cardboard used to cover or hold papers, letters, or other flat documents, as in a file. RHDEL2

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<document containers>

Equivalent Terms used

folder (container)


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2023) "Terminology definition for: folders (containers)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2023-06-06 13:51:30

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: folders (containers)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2023-06-06 13:51:30|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...