Skip to main content

Syllabub glasses

Scope note

Special glasses introduced in the 18th century for drinking syllabub. Early examples have two handles and a spout; late-18th-century examples have one or no handles and no spout.

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

drinking glasses

Equivalent Terms used

syllabub glass


11yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2022) "Terminology definition for: syllabub glasses" Web page available at: Accessed: 2022-12-04 23:11:00

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: syllabub glasses|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2022-12-04 23:11:00|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...