Skip to main content

Flute glass

Scope note

Tall and extremely narrow drinking glasses with a conical-shaped bowl which rests on a stem. Used for drinking wine, especially champagne. For glasses with a shallow saucer-shaped bowl intended for drinking champagne use "champagne glasses."

This term has 2 records attributed within our system.

Term type

Object name

Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

wine glass

Narrower Terms used

ratafia glasses

Equivalent Terms used

flute glasses


12yrs ago

Connected records

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: flute glass" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-24 02:25:33

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: flute glass|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-24 02:25:33|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...