Skip to main content

Panel (wood)

Scope note

Wood in the form of broad, thin, flat or sometimes curved pieces as, for example, in polyptychs, doors, and plywood construction.

This term has 478 records attributed within our system.

Term type

Object name

Getty AAT term number


Broader Terms used

<wood by form or function>

Equivalent Terms used

panels (wood)


12yrs ago

Connected records

Unknown Lady


Painter: Gower, George (Follower of)

A vase of flowers


Painter: Thielen, Jan Philip van (Attributed to)

Virgin and Child


Painter: Cleve, Cornelis van (School of)

Ecce Homo


Painter: Mostaert, Jan

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: panel (wood)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-06-18 16:12:51

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: panel (wood)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-06-18 16:12:51|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...