Skip to main content

Spatulas (culinary tools)

Scope note

Utensils with broad, flat usually flexible blades used to blend or spread soft food or to remove food from bowls and other utensils. For utensils with plain, perforated, pierced, or slotted blades and long handles used for lifting and turning food such as pancakes or fried eggs, use "turners (culinary utensils)."

Term type


Getty AAT term number


Narrower Terms used

rubber spatulas

Equivalent Terms used

spatula (culinary tool)


12yrs ago

Citation for print

This page can be cited in the Harvard Bibliographic style using the text below:

The Fitzwilliam Museum (2024) "Terminology definition for: spatulas (culinary tools)" Web page available at: Accessed: 2024-04-13 01:32:45

Citation for Wikipedia

To cite this page on Wikipedia you can use this code snippet:

{{cite web|url=|title=Terminology definition for: spatulas (culinary tools)|author=The Fitzwilliam Museum|accessdate=2024-04-13 01:32:45|publisher=The University of Cambridge}}

API call for this record

To call these data via our API (remember this needs to be authenticated) you can use this code snippet:

Sign up for updates

Updates about future exhibitions and displays, family activities, virtual events & news. You'll be the first to know...